Our staff & volunteers are dedicated to working together
to provide our residents with exceptional care!
Check out our job postings below and, if you are interested in a certain position, contact
Please email her your résumé and a cover letter indicating the position
you are applying for.
Buchanan Lodge is a Christian health care community striving to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of those we serve through resident-centered compassionate care.
Under the direction of the Manager of Support Services, or other designated supervisor, the Casual Laundry Worker performs the day-to-day activities of the laundry, including collecting, sorting, repairing, washing, drying, folding, ironing and distributing of personal resident clothing and facility linens, as well as cleaning the Laundry Room.
- Sorts soiled linen and personal laundry.
- Loads and unloads non-domestic washers and/or extractors; operates same by selecting wash cycles, setting temperatures and switching on and off machine.
- Folds and distributes clean clothing and linen.
- Operates other equipment, such as domestic washer and dryer, iron, label machine, sewing machine, etc.
- Checks machines regularly to ensure safe and effective functioning.
- Notifies supervisor of any malfunction of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Grade 10 equivalent plus one-year recent related experience in a commercial or industrial laundry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Some knowledge of washing ingredients.
• Commercial/Industrial Laundry: 1 year (Required)
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.