Our staff & volunteers are dedicated to working together
to provide our residents with exceptional care!
Check out our job postings below and, if you are interested in a certain position, contact
Please email her your résumé and a cover letter indicating the position
you are applying for.
Master Collective Wage
About Us: Buchanan Lodge follows the Master Collective Agreement. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of care and are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to join our team. If you have a passion working with people and are dedicated to enriching the lives of those around you, we want you!
Location, Location, Location: Buchanan Lodge is centrally located, steps from Royal Colombian Hospital, coffee shops, eateries, grocery stores, childcare centers and Sapperton and Braid Skytrain stations. We’re also located on the 155 Braid/22nd Street Station, and 128 Braid/22nd Street Station bus routes and just a 5-minute drive from the freeway. It’s only a short SkyTrain ride to New Westminster Quay, 15 minutes to Surrey, and 30 minutes to Downtown Vancouver and there is free parking on site!
Team Environment: Be a part of a team that feels more like family. We have people at our heart—both our residents, families and friends and our employees. At Buchanan, we believe in our employees’ well-being and satisfaction.
Perks of working with the Buchanan Lodge Team:
• Master Collective Wage, same as the Health Authority
• Opportunity for portability of hours for any permanent line
• Municipal Pension same as the Health Authority
• Generous vacation time same as the Health Authority
• Extended Health and Dental benefits same as the Health Authority
• LTD & Life Insurance coverage same as the Health Authority
• People-centric culture
• Air-conditioned building
• Centrally located near Skytrain & Bus Routes
• Continuing Education
• Hands on training & orientation to set you up for success
Applicable to regular status only.
Join our team today!
Responsibilities: Reporting to Business Manager and/or designate.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants are required to complete a Criminal Records Check.
We are currently looking for a positive and energetic Casual Maintenance Worker III. The Maintenance Worker III performs maintenance and repair duties related to building, grounds and equipment in one or a variety of areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
• Repairs furniture such as tables, cupboards and shelves; repairs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceiling and windows by applying materials such as drywall, wood, paint, floor and ceiling coverings and glass; constructs items such as shelves and cupboard.
• Replaces plumbing fixtures such as sinks and toilets, repairs plumbing fixtures such as water supply lines and waste lines.
• Identifies nature of malfunctions of equipment and appliances such as wheelchairs, paging systems, toasters, food mixers and blenders; performs electrical and mechanical repairs by dissembling motors and equipment, cleaning, oiling and greasing and replacing parts such as brushes, elements, bearings, filters, belts and wires and soldering connections; installs items such as timers, switches, receptacles and ballasts and changes circuits; performs safety checks on electrical appliances for defects such as faulty wires and improper grounding.
• Applies paint and other finishes by brush, roller and/or spray; removes and replaces coverings such as tiles, linoleum and carpets.
• Performs maintenance to heavy duty equipment such as sterilizers, washers, dryers and extractors by disassembling equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing items such as filters and reassembling equipment as requested.
• Assigns task to designated staff and provides related training and orientation.
• Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
• Performs exterior building maintenance such as pressure washing, gutter and/or window cleaning and snow and ice removal.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Grade 10 plus one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full Time
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Evening shift
• Monday to Friday
• Morning shift
• Night shift
• On call
• Weekend availability
Work Location: In person