Under supervision of the Manager, Support Services, the Food Service Worker performs a variety of duties related to the setting up and serving of meals, the preparation of food items such as vegetables, sandwiches or toast and the cleaning of dishes, trays and food service areas.
- Sets tables and prepares the dining room for food service.
- Sets up and serves hot/cold trays/meals according to special dietary instructions; portions out and serves food and beverages as directed; prepares and delivers nourishments to Nursing Stations.
- Delivers, collects and unloads meal service wagons.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads; washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit.
- Strips, racks and washes items such as trays, dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing machines; stacks clean dishes and utensils; clears and cleans dining tables.
- Maintains cleanliness of Food Service areas including floors, counter tops, sinks, machines, and equipment, by sweeping, damp-mopping and spot-washing as necessary; removes garbage.
- Stores incoming supplies as directed; checks and restocks dietary supplies in the kitchen and dining room serveries from dry storage.
- Performs special catering duties as may be required from time to time, for example, food tray assembly, juice and beverage dispensation, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Grade 10 equivalent plus one-year recent related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.