Our staff & volunteers are dedicated to working together
to provide our residents with exceptional care!
Check out our job postings below and, if you are interested in a certain position, contact
Please email her your résumé and a cover letter indicating the position
you are applying for.
Buchanan Lodge is a Christian health care community striving to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of those we serve through resident-centered compassionate care.
We are currently looking for a Casual Care Aide, who reports to the Clinical Care Coordinator and/or designate.
- Provides personal care to residents such as bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene and care of skin and nails.
- Assists with transfers and mobilization of resident using body mechanics and mechanical aides such as walker, wheelchair and lifts.
- Performs nursing procedures such as giving suppositories, enemas, obtaining specimens, recording intake and output and administering non-sterile dressings.
- Records observations and reports any change/problems in resident’s condition such as mobility, temperature, skin integrity, appetite and behavior to designated Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Transports residents to and from dining room areas and transports residents to activity programs.
- Assists residents with meals by serving and collecting meal trays, feeding and assisting residents at meal times, serves and monitors intake of nourishment to designated residents.
- Changes and makes beds, sanitizes residents’ basins, bedpans, and urinals. Replenishes unit and residents’ supplies as needed from designated storage area. Reports shortage to Registered Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment and safety hazards to Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Sets up charts for new residents and charts information such as weight, height, temperature, pulse and respiration as directed, attaches documents to charts such as Nursing Flow sheets, Medication Administration records, laboratory and special examination reports after review by the Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse and completes discharge charts for Medical Records according to established procedures.
- Provides verbal and written information on the activity of daily living [ADL] of each resident for the Resident’s Care Plan.
- Performs related clerical duties such as typing, answering the telephone, making appointments, ordering supplies through stores and maintaining records such as timesheets and daily census.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Completion of Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistance program [such as Long-Term Care Aide Program] or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.